- The main pool depth is 3.5 feet at the shallow end and 12 feet at the deep end.
- The water temperature is kept at 80-82°, perfect for training and recreational swimming.
- There is a rock climbing wall, water slide and water polo equipment.
- The center features two sun decks with lounge chairs and tables, perfect for birthday and private parties.
- The Aquatics Center also gives time to Active Duty Military PT reservation time free of charge.
- General public MUST be sponsored by a DoD card holder and escorted by the card holder to the facility and back to the gate.
Category Fee Active Duty Free w/ Military ID Civilians $2/person 30 Punch Card $40 25 Mile Punch Card $20 (Lap Swim Only) Children 5 and under Free
- Group Pool Party Reservations
The Aquatics Center can host your next pool party or business gathering! Reservations required, please call the Aquatics Center at 575-678-1068 or email us for more information and reservations.
Maximum (in-water) pool capacity is 90 people
Category Price & Time Length 1-25 Participants $40 for 2 hours 26-45 Participants $70 for 2 hours 46-65 Participants $100 for 2 hours 66-80 Participants $130 for 2 hours 81-100 Participants $150 for 2 hours 101-130 Participants $200 for 2 hours Additional Pool Time $30 for 2 hours Iceberg/Trampoline/Saturn $75 for 2 hours Non-Operational Hours $200 for 2 hours
All Reservations Must Be Made 2 Weeks in Advance.
- Thunder and Lightning Policy
In accordance with the National Lightning Safety Instatue, THE AMERICAN RED CROSS, and the facility Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), the following policy for Thunder and Lightning will take effect in the event Thunder and/or Lightning is seen and/or heard in the immediate area:
All swimming pools will be cleared for a period of thirty (30) minutes at the sound of the long whistle blast from the Aquatics Staff. 2. If thunder and/or lightning is seen and/or heard again within any thirty (30) minute countdown, the thirty (30) minute countdown will restart. 3. Patrons are strongly urged to avoid the use of showers during this time period until the threat is no longer present. 4. The Aquatics Staff will announce when the re-opening of the swimming pools when the threat is no longer present.
The Aquatics center strongly recommends the patrons to "Like" the facilities Facebook (WSMR Aquatic Center) page to receive updates about inclement weather, facility closures and re-openings.
- Swimming Classes
Wednesdays & Fridays
- Group Swim Lessons - Swim lessons for the beginner level swimmer.
Wednesday - Friday
- Private Swim Lesson - Swim lessons for the beginner to advanced levels. Must be scheduled with the instructor.
- Sand Sharks - Group swim lessons for the higher level swimmer.
*All swimmers must schedule a swim assessment prior to signing up for lessons*
The Aquatic Center is in Building 462, adjacent to the Community Center and offers a 25-meter, eight lane pool plus a 24-foot diameter children's pool.