- The main pool depth is 3.5 feet at the shallow end and 12 feet at the deep end.
- The water temperature is kept at 80-82°, perfect for training and recreational swimming.
- There is a rock climbing wall, water slide and water polo equipment.
- The center features two sun decks with lounge chairs and tables, perfect for birthday and private parties.
- The Aquatics Center also gives time to Active Duty Military PT reservation time free of charge.
- General public MUST be sponsored by a DoD card holder and escorted by the card holder to the facility and back to the gate.
Category Fee Active Duty Free w/ Military ID Civilians $2/person 30 Punch Card $40 Children 5 and under Free
- Group Pool Party Reservations
Group Pool Party Reservations are cancelled due to COVID-19 until further notice.
The Aquatics Center can host your next pool party or business gathering! Reservations required, please call the Aquatics Center at 575-678-1068 or email us for more information and reservations.
Maximum (in-water) pool capacity is 135 people!
Category Price Time Length 15-25 Participants $70 2 Hours 26-45 Participants $100 2 Hours 46-65 Participants $140 2 Hours 66-85 Participants $180 2 Hours 86-100 Participants $220 2 Hours 101-135 Participants $300 2 Hours Additional Pool Time $30 Per every 30 minutes Bouncy House Rental $65 Duration of reservation
Ask about our Iceberg event!
- Thunder and Lightning Policy
In accordance with the National Lightning Safety Instatue, THE AMERICAN RED CROSS, and the facility Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), the following policy for Thunder and Lightning will take effect in the event Thunder and/or Lightning is seen and/or heard in the immediate area:
All swimming pools will be cleared for a period of thirty (30) minutes at the sound of the long whistle blast from the Aquatics Staff. 2. If thunder and/or lightning is seen and/or heard again within any thirty (30) minute countdown, the thirty (30) minute countdown will restart. 3. Patrons are strongly urged to avoid the use of showers during this time period until the threat is no longer present. 4. The Aquatics Staff will announce when the re-opening of the swimming pools when the threat is no longer present.
The Aquatics center strongly recommends the patrons to "Like" the facilities Facebook (WSMR Aquatic Center) page to receive updates about inclement weather, facility closures and re-openings.
- CYSS Swim Team
CYSS Swim Team has been cancelled due to COVID-19 until further notice.
The CYSS Swim Team Practice times TBD.
- During this time period, three lap lanes in the main swimming pool will be reserved for practice.
- The water slide will be unavailable in consideration of the swim team participants and coaching staff. Please plan your trips accordingly.
- For additional information on the CYSS Swim Team, please contact CYSS Parent Central Services.
- Swimming Classes
Swim Classes have be cancelled due to COVID-19 until further notice.
*All swimmers will be evaluated upon signing up and selected for a level*
WSMR Aquatic Center has now reduced reservations for Recreation Swimming to one family per recreation area. Reservations must be made in advance. A mask must be worn properly when not in the pool to include restrooms and locker/changing area. Lap Swimming restricted to one person per lane. Patrons 16 yrs of age and under must be accompanied by a parent.
The Aquatic Center is in Building 462, adjacent to the Community Center and offers a 25-meter, eight lane pool plus a 24-foot diameter children's pool.